Corporate Social Responsibility
As a business, we help our customers protect the things that mean the most to them. And our commitment to helping others enjoy peace of mind is matched by the desire to be a truly environmentally responsible organisation.
It’s one thing to say we’re committed to thinking and acting sustainably. It’s quite another thing to set tangible targets to be measured against.
But that’s what we’ve done.
Working responsibly has become second nature to us as we strive to adopt best practice and reduce our environmental impact across the following areas:
Not only are we compliant to the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme and the WEEE Directive, but we were the first NSI (National Security Inspectorate) NACOSS Gold Company in the UK to be certified by the NSI with the internationally recognised ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard.
- Reducing our carbon footprint on the road
- Sustainable sourcing
- Waste management
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Sustainable practices
Top 10 environmental successes to date
- In 2012, Tyco businesses took positive steps to reduce waste generation and put the Zero Harm vision into practice, including working with waste haulers to maximise recycled materials, reducing materials sent to landfills
- With a new environmental strategy in place we saw vehicle emissions fall by 700-tonnewithin just five months
- There was a 13% reduction in fuel consumption from engineers using vehicles from an eco-friendly range, which also emit 15% less C0² emissions
- Our ongoing employee driver training focuses heavily on green driving, such as fuel saving techniques
- We increased our recycling rate by 24%, diverting more than 566 tonnes from landfill
- We securely disposed of and recycled 23 tonnes of confidential waste, in keeping with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
- Of our paper, envelopes and packaging spend, between 70-80% was on environmentally sustainable products
- In 2012, Tyco’s manufacturing facilities cut water use by 11% - a decrease that equates to using over 40 million fewer litres of water.
- Supply and Demand Chain Executive magazine awarded Tyco Retail Solutions the prestigious ‘2012 Green Supply Chain Award’
- From across our business, 100% of card is reprocessed and recycled
We’ve come a long way, but there’s a lot more to be done if we’re to reach our 2015 targets.
Our global commitment
ADT’s parent company, Tyco, realised that the way businesses operated 100 years ago was totally different to how they operate today. And in order to be around in the future they had to find ways of saving natural resources and reducing their overall environmental footprint.
To achieve this they focused on a vision of Zero Harm, which meant finding ways to lower their total environmental impact by reducing GHG emissions, water use and waste generation.
In 2010, Tyco also launched an environmental and sustainability employee programme, Vital World. This vision aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, water consumption and waste generation by 25% by 2015.