Gender Pay Gap Report
At Johnson Controls we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that offers all our employees an equal opportunity to progress in their careers, and to achieve their goals inside and outside of the workplace. Equality plays an integral role in all of our organisations. Moreover, it makes good commercial sense.
A diverse and inclusive workforce gives us competitive advantage, reflecting the varied markets we serve and enabling us to deliver best-in-class service.
At Johnson Controls, regardless of employees’ gender or background, we provide the same career and remuneration opportunities. All employees have equal access to the compensation and benefit programmes that are relevant to their roles in the company.
Under new legislation that came into force in April 2017, employers in Britain with more than 250 employees are required to publish a Gender Pay Gap Report on an annual basis.
The Gender Pay Gap Report must disclose:
- The difference in the mean and median hourly rate of pay for men and women
- The difference in the mean and median bonus pay received by men and women
- The percentage of men and women who received a bonus
- The percentage of men and women employed with reference to four equal quartiles which are divided according to the lowest to highest pay
Gender Pay Gap vs. Equal pay
The Gender Pay Gap shows the difference between the average hourly pay for male and female employees within the same pay period, regardless of their jobs and/or the value of the jobs they carry out. The Gender Pay Gap is not the same as Equal Pay. Equal Pay measures the pay difference between men and woman who carry out the same jobs, similar jobs, or work of equal value.
Our Gender Pay results
Johnson Controls has three entities in Britain with at least 250 employees: ADT Fire & Security Plc; Tyco Fire & Integrated Solutions UK Limited and Johnson Controls Building Efficiency UK Ltd; under the Gender Pay Gap Regulations we are required to provide reports for each of these entities.
- To view the 2021 Johnson Controls Gender Pay Gap Report, please click here.
- To view the 2020 Johnson Controls Gender Pay Gap Report, please click here.
- To view the 2018 Johnson Controls Gender Pay Gap Report, please click here.
- To view the 2017 Johnson Controls Gender Pay Gap Report, please click here.