Smoke & Heat Detector
Rest easy, knowing we never rest. Our wireless monitored smoke and heat detectors provide constant protection and early smoke and fire warnings, for immediate action. Supported by our 24/7/365 monitoring as standard, for ultimate peace of mind for you and your family.
- Loud alarm buzzer (85db) and flashing LED light for instant warning
- Tests for smoke and heat every 7-8 seconds
- PowerG wireless technology links to the intruder panel, alerting you and our Monitoring Centre of any problems
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), used worldwide, delivers iron-clad protection against interference, for ultra-reliable cyber protection with minimum false alarms
- LED lights flash green every 12 seconds during normal operation
- Different audio and visual alerts distinguish between low battery, clean needed, device tampering and test mode
- LED lights change colour depending on status and fault for easy troubleshooting
- Certified by the most stringent international standards
More than just smoke detection. Our smoke and heat detectors provide unparalleled protection for your home and your family, with 24/7/365 monitoring and early warnings of smoke and fire. Plus, we also detect when the battery is low, so that’s one less thing for you to worry about.
In the event of a fire, rest assured, while you get your family to safety, we’ll contact the emergency services. We understand that speed and accuracy is critical in a fire and respond to alarms in an average of just 8 seconds, making us the fastest in the industry*.
- H: 5” (12.7cm) W: 2.5” (6.4cm) D: 2.5” (6.4cm)
- 243g (8.75oz) (suitable for wall or ceiling installation, with bracket)
- 85db built-in alarm buzzer
- Operating temperature:
- 4.4°C to 37.8°C (40°F to 100°F)
- Smoke and temperatures exceeding 57°C (135°F)
- Battery life:
- 3 years (based on typical use)
- FCC/IC, UL/ULC, CNC CSFM (for PGx936) CE
Discover the device
Click the buttons below to find out more
LED LightsEasily identify status and faults
SensorHigh-performing smoke and heat detection
Test ButtonTest it yourself, alongside our 24/7/365 monitoring
Can I purchase a smoke and heat detector as a standalone item without a monitoring contract?
Our smoke and heat detectors are only available as an add-on to our home alarm packages. We only offer monitored products or packages, providing you unparalleled protection.
What is the difference between an ADT smoke and heat detector, and self-installed smoke alarms?
Unlike home self-installed smoke alarms, we don’t just sound the alarm, we answer it. Our smoke and heat detectors offer 24/7/365 monitoring and an alarm never goes unanswered. Powered by PowerG wireless technology, our detectors alert you, as well as our Monitoring Centre, who respond in an average of just 8 seconds*.
Do I still need to test the battery?
You can leave that to us. Our detectors are constantly monitored, so we will let you know when the battery is low. Our all-inclusive service plan, which comes as standard, covers you for replacement batteries, plus call out and labour for any issues, including accidental damage.
Our Smoke & Heat Detector is fully compatible with the following products:
Expert support for complete peace of mind with no unexpected extras.
A DIY alarm’s OK until it’s not OK. With ADT, any issues are ours, not yours.
Unlike DIY security systems we don’t just sound the alarm, we answer it.
We’re able to fix up to 80% of issues without an engineer on-site.
Installed to the highest standard
Full NSI Gold accreditation means we’re one of the industry’s most trusted names.
Hackers have no business in your home – your data’s safe with us.