For many people their business isn’t just their livelihood, it’s their life. When you’ve worked hard to not only get your business off the ground but also make it successful, crime can have a devastating effect both physically and emotionally.
Here at ADT we’re experts in keeping businesses safe and secure. We know the security precautions you should be considering to make sure your business is protected and less vulnerable to attack.
We’ve made a list of the big questions you should be asking that may well trigger changes to your physical building, and also your security system, helping you to avoid crime:
- How much valuable property do you keep on site after hours?
- Is it visible from the outside?
- How easy would it be for a criminal to get on the roof and from there get into the building?
- How easy would it be to break in through an adjacent business’s wall or A/C ductwork?
- How well are your basement doors or skylights secured?
- How well could your doors and windows withstand a ‘smash-and-grab’ attack?
- Are there recently-vacated adjoining properties that would make it easy for a burglar to get into your premises?
- Is your current alarm system designed for your business needs today or did you inherit it from a previous occupant?
- Does the system meet minimum protection guidelines for your line of business?
- Has your insurance provider given an opinion on your system?
- Is your security alarm monitored by a professional UK based Alarm Receiving Centre?
- How many false alarms have you had in the last 12 months?
- Are you sure your current security meets legislative standards? And do you have the right procedures in place, such as: who checks the system’s performance, who arms it, who could disable it, would you know if it had been disabled etc.?
If you’re in any doubt about the questions above, we can organise for one of our security consultants to carry out a security audit of your business. Our systems use the latest technology, as well as our own UK Alarm Receiving Centre manned by security specialists ensuring your system is monitored 24/7/365. An ADT security system does more than sound an alarm and message you or the police, it can also reduce the likelihood of a crime being committed in the first place.
Visit our business security page for more information.