How can I get access to remote support?
Remote support from RESOLVE is available dependent on your service agreement, if you are unsure our team will be able to provide more information.
Every day 1000 customers place their trust in RESOLVE. Using the optimum blend of cutting-edge technology, detailed technical knowledge & world class processes RESOLVE are able to deliver true peace of mind that our systems will continue to protect what our customer’s value the most.
Should on site attendance be required, RESOLVE enhance our field engineers capability by providing comprehensive diagnostic support before and during their visit.
At ADT we have a dedicated team of technical specialists on hand to provide support, if your system encounters a problem please call us on 0344 8001 999.
What is Remote Routine Inspection?
It’s our way of remotely testing your ADT security system and checking its working as it should be. It complements the onsite visits you already receive from our trained engineers.
What are the benefits of Remote Routine Inspection?
- You can relax, safe in the knowledge that one of our technicians will check the health of your alarm to ensure it will protect what you value the most should the worst happen. If there’s a problem you’ll be the first to know, and one of our technicians will be in touch the same day to offer a solution.
- There’s no need to wait in - Our advanced diagnostic technology allows us to review detailed system information remotely, meaning you don’t need to be at home for us to check the health of your alarm.
- We’re protecting the environment - At ADT we understand that our customers take their responsibility to protect the environment very seriously. We’re continually investing in technology that will help to reduce our carbon footprint. Our carbon reduction scheme has reduced fuel consumption CO2 emissions.
- There’s no additional cost - This service is already included with your current contract.
What is tested in an RRI – Remote Routine Inspection?
Your system is routinely checked for the following:
- Regular & Correct system usage – We check the alarm systems recent memory to identify if a system has been armed recently. If not we investigate why. The reasons for not arming the system regularly may be legitimate. However checking this detail with a customer identifies if the incorrect procedure is being used or if indeed there is some issue. For customers not using their alarm system, we advise of the consequences of not doing so.
- Active & Historical Faults – We check the alarm systems recent memory in search of any recent or outstanding faults. Faults we identify include power fails, line fails, communication errors, activations, radio fail and so on.
If we identify any faults, be it active or historical we will make contact with the customer to discuss remedy and future prevention.
- Integrity of System Devices – We check the live status of each device connected to alarm. Our satisfaction of each device is determined by a couple of checks.
For wired devices we check each devices level of resistance to ensure it falls within regulatory requirements along with checking the activity level of all devices that we would expect activity on.
For wireless devices we check each devices battery level, signal strength along with checking the activity level of all devices that we would expect activity on.
- System Battery & Power Status – We check the live status of the systems back up battery which keeps the alarm system on in the event of a mains power outage. We also check the current power levels from the mains supply to the alarm system.
- Alarm Transmission to ADT – We check the alarm has all available paths of signalling to the alarm receiving centre available and clear of issue and that regular testing of communications fall in line with guidelines set out in BS:9263.
Your system is checked remotely using advanced analytics in conjunction with live data uploaded from your system.
How will I know when my next Remote Routine Inspection will take place?
This service is already included with your current contract and we will begin testing on your next scheduled inspection date which is 6 months after your last on-site visit.
Who can I contact for more information on my Remote Routine Inspection?
For more information on Remote Inspections please call 0344 800 1999 and speak to our technicians today.