Help & Support
- I’ve signed my order agreement when will my system be installed
One of our Installation Planners will call you to arrange the earliest convenient date for your installation.
- I have an all day appointment what time will the engineer arrive?
If your installation is an all day appointment the engineer should be with you at 8:30am.
- I have been given an 8:30am to 3pm installation appointment when will the engineer arrive?
The engineer will call ahead to confirm a more precise time.
- When and how will ADT Dispatch my security equipment?
Your equipment will be dispatched approximately two days prior to the installation by UPS “Leave on Premises” service where they will leave it in a safe place and you will not need to be present to sign for this.
- Will the installation engineer show me how to set/unset my new system?
Yes the engineer will show you how to set the system and will also leave behind our “Welcome Pack which will have the step by step guide” or alternatively click here to watch our help videos or download a user guide.
- How frequently will I have a routine service inspection?
Your System will undergo a routine service inspection as per your Consumer Agreement.
- My system is now installed, where do I find all supporting documentation?
You can download your welcome pack from here; this should have all the information you need.
- What is a security audit?
As a duty of care, we offer an annual security audit for our business customers. We understand that businesses change and with this in mind on of our security consultants will attend your premises to to make recommendations and answer any questions for you and ensure that you are still compliant and your business, staff and customers are also protected. Please note this is not an engineer visit and it is Free of charge.
- How is my alarm monitored by the alarm receiving centre?
To find out more about how your alarm is monitored by the alarm receiving centre please click here
- Will your security consultant check that my system is still compliant to current regulations?
Yes our security consultant will check your system is still suitable to the demands of your business, property and daily routine.
- Can I give the security consultant new keyholder contact details
Yes, during each security audit the security consultant will confirm if your keyholders are still the same and if they need amending, he/she will take the details of the new keyholders and ensure our systems are updated
- How long does it take to install an alarm?
Depending whether you have chosen a wireless or wired system will depend on the how long the installation will take. Our engineer will be able to discuss this with you.
- What is the Auto Alarm Handler (keyholder systems only)
ADT Alarm Monitoring Centre uses industry-leading Automated Alarm Handler (AAH) technology to respond to most alarm activations, for more efficient alarm alert prioritisation and a faster response.
Upon an alarm activation the AAH contacts you or your nominated keyholders with an automated message, giving the option to either accept or decline the notification of the alarm’s activation.
It will also recognise if the call has been diverted to your answer machine leaving you a message advising you what action you need to take.
You’re four times more likely to die in a fire if there’s no working smoke detector. Our monitored smoke detectors identify smoke early so we can quickly contact you and the fire service – whether you’re at home or not.
67% of UK burglars say CCTV would deter them from targeting a property. When protecting your home and family, ADT high-definition CCTV cameras mean there’s no place to hide.