Help & Support
- I’ve signed my order agreement when will my system be installed
One of our Installation Planners will call you to arrange the earliest convenient date for your installation.
- I have an all day appointment what time will the engineer arrive?
If your installation is an all day appointment the engineer should be with you at 8:30am.
- I have been given an 8:30am to 3pm installation appointment when will the engineer arrive?
The engineer will call ahead to confirm a more precise time.
- When and how will ADT Dispatch my ADT Home Security equipment
Your equipment will be dispatched approximately two days prior to the installation by UPS “Leave on Premises” service where they will leave it in a safe place and you will not need to be present to sign for this.
- Will the installation engineer show me how to set/unset my Home Security system?
Yes the engineer will show you how to set the system and will also leave behind our “Welcome Pack which will have the step by step guide” or alternatively you can watch our help videos or download a user guide. Click here to view our range of videos.
- How frequently will I have a routine service inspection?
Your System will undergo a routine service inspection as per your Consumer Agreement.
- My new system is now installed, where do I find all the supporting documentation
Welcome to ADT, please click here to download your “welcome pack”
- How is my alarm monitored by the alarm receiving centre?
To find out more about how your alarm is monitored by the alarm receiving centre please click here
- How long does it take to install an alarm?
Depending whether you have chosen a wireless or wired system will depend on the how long the installation will take. Our engineer will be able to discuss this with you.
- What are the common causes of false alarms?
They are many and varied and include:
- Make sure you are the last one out (don’t be locking people in)
- Failure to practice good housekeeping, i.e. not securing the dwelling correctly before going out
- Wrong door entered, i.e. failure to enter the building via the designated alarm entry route
- Decoration within the premises causing interference with the detection – Often identified at Christmas and the decorations associated with this time of year but could be associated to any decoration added to the premises at any time of year.
- Pets. Pets entering protected areas that have not been identified with Pet detection or Pets entering areas higher than previously identified such as window ledges, sofa backs etc.
- Insecure or loose fitting door or window – often revealed during a thunderstorm, during high winds or periods of high temperatures, Close all internal doors/Windows, ensure no ceiling fans or air cons are on
- Take regular checks of the PIR’s/Dual Tech (Motion sensors) to check for cobwebs – remove them carefully with a duster avoiding contact with the equipment
- Failure to regularly maintain the system, your routine maintenance should resolve this issue.
- Failing back-up battery - often revealed during a power cut.
- If you have received a new code/fob from a non-ADT delegate then test it before proper use. Don’t assume that it will work for your system as that code/fob may have been removed since it’s last use.
- What is the Auto Alarm Handler (keyholder systems only)
ADT Alarm Monitoring Centre uses industry-leading Automated Alarm Handler (AAH) technology to respond to most alarm activations, for more efficient alarm alert prioritisation and a faster response.
Upon an alarm activation the AAH contacts you or your nominated keyholders with an automated message, giving the option to either accept or decline the notification of the alarm’s activation.
It will also recognise if the call has been diverted to your answer machine leaving you a message advising you what action you need to take.
You’re four times more likely to die in a fire if there’s no working smoke detector. Our monitored smoke detectors identify smoke early so we can quickly contact you and the fire service – whether you’re at home or not.
67% of UK burglars say CCTV would deter them from targeting a property. When protecting your home and family, ADT high-definition CCTV cameras mean there’s no place to hide.